- Initial consultation to discuss your current health and medical history. Lifestyle, work, emotional, sporting and leisure activities will also be taken into account, this helps to tailor the massage to meet your current needs. It also helps to find out if there is a medical reason that you can’t have a massage see contraindications below.
- A postural assessment and an assessment of problem area, if there is one, will be carried out. Reassessments will also be carried out during or at the end of the appointment.
- Whilst some massage techniques can be carried out through clothing it is recommended that you bring a pair of shorts to change into. Towels will be used to keep the body covered except for the area being treated.
- Massage helps to increase blood circulation and remove toxins from the body
- At the end of a massage you are likely to be in a very relaxed state. It is important to drink plenty of water afterwards to help avoid dehydration.
- Certain techniques can cause some discomfort which may last for a day or so after treatment.
- Massage techniques help to stimulate the body’s own healing systems.
- There is a slight possibility that certain techniques may cause some bruising.
- Please feel free to contact me if you are concerned at all about post-massage soreness.
Contraindications to massage
Certain conditions are not suitable for massage, these include but are not limited to:
- A fever or any infection, including skin infections
- Any open wounds or recent (previous 48-72hrs) bruising, muscle tears, sprained ligaments, or burns
- Any serious medical condition or illness
- Any undiagnosed illness
- It may also not be suitable for someone with diabetes, bleeding or clotting disorders or certain cancers so you need to speak to the practitioner or your own doctor before you start if you are concerned.
How much does it cost?
|Consultation & treatment||60 mins||£40|
|Follow-up treatment||30 mins||£25|
|Follow-up treatment||60 mins||£40|
Please contact me for a price for an appointment within the comfort of your own home.